AmeriCorps VISTA Member, Full-Time
Under the direction of the Director of Community Partnerships, the VISTA Member will collaborate with agency partners, staff, and our served community to help build the capacity of our community education programs. Our ideal candidate demonstrates strong leadership, is collaborative, and passionate about creating opportunities and activities for persons with disabilities to pursue lives of meaning and choice.
- Establishes relationships with community resource agencies and employers and informs the community of the benefits of their involvement with individuals with a disability.
- Develop a system of data collection, outcome tracking and participant satisfaction for community programming.
- Develop or refine programs by assessing individual/family needs, identifying potential areas of growth, and conducting research.
- Recruits community instructors to design and deliver topical, interest-based enrichment classes for participants.
- Experience using various social media platforms (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook).
- Ability to establish priorities and meet specified goals
- Knowledge of issues and needs of persons with disabilities and related resources
- The ability to work well independently, to organize priorities, and to produce identified outcomes
- The ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both oral and written forms
- Proficient use of computer software, i.e. Microsoft Office, and use of internet
- Support and adhere to the Independent Living philosophy
- Must have access to reliable transportation to provide community services
- Experience working with persons with disabilities is preferred
- Must pass drug screen and criminal background checks
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED); Associate Degree or bachelor’s degree in related Social Service Field preferred
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Complete job description will be available during the interview process.
Interested applicants please submit your resume and cover letter and include position applying for.
Please, no phone calls.
Job description PDF download.