Employment Specialist, Full-Time
Salary: $30,000 - $35,000 a year
The Employment Specialist assists people with disabilities in finding meaningful employment by preparing individuals for job searches; meeting with employers to find or create relevant positions and persuasively conveying the benefits of job placements; and helping to manage the employee-employer relationship post-hire. The person in this role must be inquisitive; s/he must be energized by meeting new people, learning new things, and achieving specific programmatic and financial deliverables.
- Provides job preparation and job development services to assigned case load.
- Supports individuals throughout job search and interview process, including help filling out applications, attending interviews, contacting employers, and visiting job sites.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with local employers, business organizations, and community groups to develop job leads for individuals with disabilities.
- Assesses the training, experience, and personal qualifications of program participants and matches them with employer’s required qualifications.
- Visits local employers to evaluate job content, working environment, and the ability of the employer to meet job accommodations and solutions to employment barriers.
- Facilitates accessing consumer advocacy services, as needed, for consumers and their family members.
- Develops and maintains appropriate documentation, records and reports.
- Communicates progress, issues and goals Program Director.
- Articulates LEAP’s overall mission and this position’s role in that mission through enhancing, protecting, and removing the barriers to the full exercise of the civil rights of persons with disabilities.
- Maintains professional attire, speech and manners.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Services or related field, or advanced certification as an Employment or Supported Employment Specialist (required within one year of employment).
- Prior experience in all facets of job development and job placement, including coaching and mentoring job seekers as well as conducting skills assessments, job matching, job customization and job carving.
- Prior experience in sales, marketing, and/or business development strongly preferred.
- Engaging, inquisitive disposition; proven drive and skill in proactively approaching new people and opportunities with enthusiasm.
- Ability to understand job functions and workflows, think creatively about generating potential job opportunities, and convey benefits and return-on-investment of opportunities to employers.
- Ability to research and analyze labor trends and job market patterns and apply that knowledge to job responsibilities.
- Ability to work well independently, take initiative, and work efficiently and effectively in organizing priorities and producing identified outcomes.
- Adaptability and the ability to change course quickly to meet objectives.
- Exceptional skills in communicating clearly and concisely in both verbal and written forms; excellent presentation and persuasion abilities and the ability to tailor communication style and quickly connect with individual audiences.
- Proficient use of computer software, i.e. Microsoft Office, and use of internet.
- Knowledge of issues and needs of persons with disabilities and related resources; experience working with persons with disabilities is preferred.
- Must have reliable transportation; must pass drug screen and criminal background checks.
- Social Work, Vocational Rehabilitation, or Education: 2 years (Preferred)
- Employment or Supported Employment Specialist (Preferred)
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Complete job description will be available during the interview process.
Interested applicants, please submit your resume & cover letter to: email@example.com or mail to LEAP (Jane Plank), 2545 Lorain Avenue, Cleveland OH 44113 or see additional application options in the 'Apply Now' section below.
Please, no phone calls.