Employment Specialist, Full-Time
Salary: $30,000 - $35,000 a year
To apply, please visit Indeed.com.
The Employment Specialist assists people with disabilities in finding meaningful employment by preparing individuals for job searches; meeting with employers to find or create relevant positions and persuasively conveying the benefits of job placements; and helping to manage the employee-employer relationship post-hire. The person in this role must be inquisitive; s/he must be energized by meeting new people, learning new things, and achieving specific programmatic and financial deliverables.
- Provides job preparation and job development services to assigned case load.
- Supports individuals throughout job search and interview process, including help filling out applications, attending interviews, contacting employers, and visiting job sites.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with local employers, business organizations, and community groups to develop job leads for individuals with disabilities.
- Assesses the training, experience, and personal qualifications of program participants and matches them with employer’s required qualifications.
- Visits local employers to evaluate job content, working environment, and the ability of the employer to meet job accommodations and solutions to employment barriers.
- Facilitates accessing consumer advocacy services, as needed, for consumers and their family members.
- Develops and maintains appropriate documentation, records and reports.
- Communicates progress, issues and goals Program Director.
- Articulates LEAP’s overall mission and this position’s role in that mission through enhancing, protecting, and removing the barriers to the full exercise of the civil rights of persons with disabilities.
- Maintains professional attire, speech and manners.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Services or related field, or advanced certification as an Employment or Supported Employment Specialist (required within one year of employment).
- Prior experience in all facets of job development and job placement, including coaching and mentoring job seekers as well as conducting skills assessments, job matching, job customization and job carving.
- Prior experience in sales, marketing, and/or business development strongly preferred.
- Engaging, inquisitive disposition; proven drive and skill in proactively approaching new people and opportunities with enthusiasm.
- Ability to understand job functions and workflows, think creatively about generating potential job opportunities, and convey benefits and return-on-investment of opportunities to employers.
- Ability to research and analyze labor trends and job market patterns and apply that knowledge to job responsibilities.
- Ability to work well independently, take initiative, and work efficiently and effectively in organizing priorities and producing identified outcomes.
- Adaptability and the ability to change course quickly to meet objectives.
- Exceptional skills in communicating clearly and concisely in both verbal and written forms; excellent presentation and persuasion abilities and the ability to tailor communication style and quickly connect with individual audiences.
- Proficient use of computer software, i.e. Microsoft Office, and use of internet.
- Knowledge of issues and needs of persons with disabilities and related resources; experience working with persons with disabilities is preferred.
- Must have reliable transportation; must pass drug screen and criminal background checks.
- Social Work, Vocational Rehabilitation, or Education: 2 years (Preferred)
- Employment or Supported Employment Specialist (Preferred)
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Complete job description will be available during the interview process.
Interested applicants, please apply via Indeed.com or see additional application options in the 'Apply Now' section below.