Youth Transition Coordinator
Use your skills to help youth with disabilities to transition to meaningful employment! LEAP is a thriving non-profit based in Ohio City. Come join us in a fun, mission-driven atmosphere and do work that changes lives!
We are seeking an energetic person who enjoys working with people and community partners to facilitate and grow the Youth Transition Program.
Linking Employment, Abilities and Potential (LEAP) has a full-time position to oversee all day-to-day aspects of our Youth Transition Program. The YT Coordinator will serve as a point of contact for consumers and community partners including schools and employers. The YT Coordinator will ensure program activities are conducted successfully and that all paperwork related to program participants is in full compliance with all rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as the point person for LEAP staff, consumers, and participating employers.
- Oversee the recruitment and intake of participants.
- Conduct job readiness, job seeking, and training for program participants in assigned schools.
- Participate in service team meetings and collaborate with members of the transition team.
- and more....
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work with a high degree of independence.
- Comfortable dealing with change; flexible and adaptable.
- Organization and people savvy; can make informed decisions; can collaborate, develop others, forge strong partnerships, and maintain professional relationships.
- Knowledge of LEAP services, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), accommodations and work/home modifications, assistive and adaptive technology and related resources.
- Ability to work well with people of all backgrounds, incomes, ages, races, and disabilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Service or related field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous program coordination experience strongly preferred.
- Experience working with a variety of people with disabilities and familiarity with advocacy, vocational, and community support programs.
- Excellent documentation skills and proficiency with Microsoft suite.
- Must have reliable transportation and clean driving record.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Complete job description will be available during the interview process.
Job Type: Full-time
Submit resume and cover letter detailing your fit for this exciting position below or apply on Indeed. Include position applying for.
PLEASE, NO PHONE CALLS.