Youth Transition Specialist
Responsible for providing training and support services to prepare in-school and out-of school youth with disabilities for academic and employment success in a school to work transition program. Conducts outreach, recruitment and eligibility documentation for eligible yout. Facilitation consumer direct goals and plans. Provides consumer directed services that promote independence through the acquisition of skills, connection with resources, and assistance in advocacy with assigned area of responsibility.
- Interviewing consumers, identifying and assisting consumers in obtaining meaningful and effective support services and equipment.
- Conduct job readiness, job seeking, and independent living skills training for all participants. Provide job coaching, supervision and support. Act as a liaison between consumer and other benefits
- Provide support to personal management, interpersonal and social skills, community access, resource management, employment success, travel orientation, safety, self-care, as well as job preparation services.
- Develops and maintains appropriate documentation, records and reports to include individual plans and service.
Job Type: Full-time
- youth service: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)