Incentives to Hire People with Disabilities
Hiring individuals with disabilities makes good sense. Employers who hire individuals with disabilities gain the following benefits:
- an integrated workforce is a strong workforce
- a diverse workforce can bring in fresh ideas and new marketing opportunities
- the unbeatable satisfaction of helping another person succeed
- an improved bottom line--surveys show that Americans prefer to support businesses that hire workers with disabilities
- new marketing opportunities--employees with disabilities have ideas about how to develop new products and market them to customers with disabilities and their support networks
- Work Opportunity Tax Credit--This federal tax credit is available to employers who hire people from specified groups that have consistently faced significant barriers to employment.
- Tax Benefits for Businesses that Have Employees with Disabilities
- Architectural/Transportation Tax Deduction--This deduction allows businesses of any size to take a deduction for removing architectural barriers or making vehicles accessible.
For more information about any of LEAP’s employment services, contact Employment Services.