Posted on 03/15/20 in General
To our consumer, participants and stakeholders,
With the rise of COVID-19 (coronavirus) locally, we understand that these are uncertain times. We want to reassure you that our staff, services, and resources will continue to be available to you as much as possible. However, in an effort to mitigate the impact on our consumers and staff we are temporarily making some changes in the way we are able to serve the community.
Beginning on Monday, March 16, 2020, our building (located at 2545 Lorain Ave.) will be closed to unscheduled visitors and vendors until further notice. Most staff members are working remotely and will not be available to drop-in’s.
Consumers will only be admitted if they have a 1:1 appointment scheduled with a staff member.
Our receptionist will not be at the front desk answering the door or the phone. However, our staff are available to assist you.
When you call LEAP at 216-696-2716 you will get a voice mail. The #2 option will let you say or type the name of the staff member you are trying to reach. You will then be transferred to the person you want to talk to. You may have to leave a voice mail since our staff are working varied and modified schedules for the next few weeks. The person you called will get back to you as soon as they can during regular business hours of 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
With guidance and recommendations from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and state and local officials – we have implemented the following procedures for our staff to help them stay healthy and available to you:
- Encouraging good hand and respiratory hygiene, including frequent hand washing.
- Taking extra precautions in our work environment.
- Increasing social distancing by allowing most staff members to work remotely.
- Requiring staff who meet 1:1 with any individual to ask 3 questions before the meeting: Have you been sick in the past 2 weeks? Have you been near anyone who has been sick in the last two weeks? Have you traveled outside of Cleveland (or city of service) in the past two weeks
> If you answer yes to any of these questions, please understand that our staff will not be allowed to meet with you.
- Reminding staff to not shake hands with anyone (we are a handshake free zone) and to keep 6 ft. between themselves and the other person.
- Frequently communicating with our staff regarding this rapidly changing situation and giving them the support they need to make good decisions for themselves, their families, and the people we serve.
- Eliminating business-related gatherings.
- Telling employees who feel sick to stay home and notify LEAP of symptoms.
- Requiring self-quarantine for staff who travel for personal reasons.
We look forward to helping you through these times and beyond. We will continue to monitor the impact of COVID-19 and will adjust accordingly.
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out. We’re all in this together!
- If you have questions about symptoms you are having, call your health care provider.
- If you have general questions and worries, call the Ohio Department of Health hotline 833-4 ASK (833-4475-634)
- Cuyahoga County Board of Health 216-201-2000
- CDC online resources
- Ohio Dept of Health online resources
- Cuyahoga County Board of Health online resources
- ACL online resources