Survive & Thrive: Emergency Preparedness and Response for People with Disabilities
Wednesday, June 3rd, 2020
When: 2:00pm - 3:30pm
Throughout the past several months people have been united in a common goal, surviving a global pandemic. For many, performing tasks and remaining socialy distance has been difficult. For people with disabilities, the sense of urgency to be self-sustained at home has been particularly overwhelming.
In recognition of these challenges, LEAP is offering a three-part preparation webinar, Survive and Thrive, Emergency Preparedness for People with Disabilities.
The webinar discusses
- the current health emergency as well as other potential emergencies,
- tools to identify particular needs of people with disabilities,
- suggests advocacy methods to fulfill these needs before, during and after catastrophes,
- physical preparation techniques like formal evacuation plans and disaster kits, and
- addresses emotional and psychological preparedness by considering stress management strategies.
The goal is to survive and thrive during emergencies!
Series: Wednesday, June 3, June 10, and June 17
Length: About 90 minutes
Please complete the required registration by clicking on this link: https://bit.ly/EMPrpRspsRegister. Note - REGISTRATION CLOSES Monday, June 1st at 4:30 PM EST.
For questions, please contact, Maria Sutter at (216) 456-0839, or Ash Alunan at (216) 456-0850.