OOD Youth Leadership Forum 2021
Tuesday, June 1st through Friday, June 4th, 2021
When: 9:00am - 3:00pm
Are You a High School Junior or Senior with a Disability and Interested in Self-Advocacy & Leadership Development?
Today, young people with disabilities have more options and opportunities than at any other time in our nation’s history.
Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities’ Ohio Youth Leadership Forum (YLF) is a four-day career leadership training program for 11th and 12th grade high school students with disabilities.
Participation in YLF can prepare you to become one of Ohio’s future leaders by improving your leadership, citizenship and social skills.
At YLF you will:
- Learn about choosing a career
- Learn about available resources and assistive technology
- Identify barriers to personal and professional success and develop plans to overcome those barriers
- Interact w/ professionals w/ disabilities who serve as mentors and role models
- Develop a personal leadership plan, which includes action steps after the event
- Gain the power to reach your goals in education, employment and leadership
- Spend four days with your peers developing a social network
LEAP is excited to be hosting our Regional Youth Leadership Forum (YLF) virtually between June 1 - 4, 2021.
All participants must:
- Be High school Junior or Senior with a Disability
- Be eligible for OOD services
- Be available June 1-4 to participate!
Applications are due by April 23rd!
Participate Application (space is limited):
- Download the Word Application Form
- Send your completed form either by email at LeapInfo@leapinfo.org or mail to LEAP - YLF, 2545 Lorain Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44113.
Questions? Please email us or call Maria Wolf at (216) 696-2716 ext. 823
Ohio Centers for Independent Living (CILs), in contract with ODD, are offering 8 virtual regional programs this year. Students from anywhere in the state may participate in one of the following regional events (preferably in the same region as their home): Canton, Cleveland (2 sites), Columbus, Dayton, Toledo, Cincinnati and Athens. Students will need to complete a YLF application and be eligible for OOD services to participate in this program.
- LEAP Regional YLF Flyer.
- Hear from participants of last year's Youth Leadership Forum on YouTube!
- Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilties (ODD) Youth Leadership Forum web page