OOD Youth Leadership Forum: Northeast Ohio Session
Tuesday, June 21st through Friday, June 24th, 2022
When: 9:00pm - 3:00pm
Where: Case Western Reserve (Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday) and The Pivot Center for Art, Dance & Expression (Wednesday)
There is no program fee to participate.
Are You a High School Junior or Senior with a Disability and Interested in Self-Advocacy & Leadership Development?
Then the Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities’ week-long Ohio Youth Leadership Forum (YLF) is for you!
Participation in YLF can prepare you to become one of Ohio’s future leaders by improving your leadership, citizenship and social skills.
At YLF you will:
- Learn about choosing a career
- Identify barriers to personal & professional success & create plans to overcome it
- Interact w/ professionals' w/ disabilities who serve as mentors & role models
- Gain the power to reach your goals in education, employment & leadership
- Spend four days with your peers developing a social network
Attend our upcoming information meeting on May 19th to learn more. Choose between 7:00pm and 7:30pm.
Check-out some of the exciting activities this year!*
- Visit by Representative Nicki Antonio
- Collaboration with the Cleveland Museum of Art for some creative self-expression and awareness
- Voting process info session and voting machine demonstration by ADA Coordinator for the Office of the Ohio Secretary of State
- Discussion on bullying and how to deal with it
- Learn how to make a difference in your community by local disability advocates
- Learn about assistive technology and apps that can help your independence
- Plus more!
*Subject to change
If you're just finding out about YLF now and want to appy, there is still time, but you'll need to work quickly.
We are pushing out the hard deadline for everything to be in by May 25th .
1 - Email Cheryl at CGorham@leapinfo.org to notify her that your application is on its way!
2 - Mail in the form ASAP to: LEAP- YLF, 2545 Lorain Avenue, Cleveland, OH44113.
3 - Don't forget to let those that are providing your recommendations know that we need their recommendations no later than May 25th.
Did you miss our Informational Meetings? If so, please check out this video which covers event highlights and hear from 2021 participant alumni!
Questions? Email CGorham@leapinfo.org