Posted April 24, 2023 in Press Releases
CARF International (Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities) announced that LEAP, has earned Three-year Accreditation based on a recently completed survey.
As noted in the final CARF report, “LEAP provides high-quality services to consumers with a wide range of disabilities in northern Ohio. The leadership team and staff are complimented and congratulated for this achievement.”
This recognition by CARF International represents the highest level of accreditation that can be awarded to an organization. Receiving a Three-Year Accreditation is the result of a rigorous process that shows LEAP’s conformance to CARF standards as evidenced through observation, verifiable results, and peer and consumer reviews. LEAP has demonstrated to CARF surveyors its commitment to offering programs and services that are measurable, accountable, and of the highest quality.
Below are just a few of the accolades in the CARF report LEAP received.
- LEAP clearly recognizes the importance of (advocacy work) and has taken the lead in an ongoing advocacy role to improve the lives of persons with disabilities. Although this work is sometimes unseen or underreported, it is vital.
- Consensus among the consumers is that they are consistently treated with a high level of respect by staff members.
- It is clear that the staff members put the needs and preferences of the consumers first and make a truly dedicated effort to serve them with respect and dignity.
- LEAP is well respected as a leader … the organization serves as a resource not only for people with disabilities but also for businesses and government entities.
- (LEAP) is commended for its excellent use of the community integration model that includes all activities being performed with the consumers out in the community and not within confined or limited spaces.
- (LEAP) is also commended for its successful transition of more than 200 consumers from a nursing home setting to private homes of their own in the community.
- Staff members at LEAP have developed an excellent reputation within the community as subject matter experts in benefits planning and analysis. Multiple system partners praised staff members for their knowledge, expertise, and ability to simplify and explain benefits situations that are at times very complex and to quickly and efficiently navigate the maze of public benefits to ensure that consumers’ needs are met in a timely and effective manner.
“LEAP has been accredited since 1991 and has always received high praise from the surveyors. I am very proud of the commitment our board and staff who deliver on our mission to advance a society of equal opportunity for all persons, regardless of their disability,” stated Melanie Hogan, Executive Director of LEAP.
CARF is an independent, nonprofit accrediting body whose mission is to promote the quality, value, and optimal outcomes of services through a consultative accreditation process and continuous improvement services that center on enhancing the lives of the persons served. For more information about the accreditation process, please visit the CARF website at www.carf.org.