- U.S. Department of Labor inducted Justin W. Dart Jr. and Helen Keller into Labor Hall of Fame.
- LEAP participates in Ohio's pilot program for customized employment resulting in five consumers starting their own customized jobs.
- LEAP chosen to address policy issues that create barriers to community living in the areas of Assistive Technology, Transportation and Personal Care Assistance.
- Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act was updated.
- LEAP works with the Ohio Department of Medicaid which applied for the Federal Integrted Care Delivery System model of managed care and leads North East Ohio in planning, preparing, and supporting consumers in understanding and enrolling in the MyCare Ohio duel eligible program.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) was an update to the U.S.A.'s workforce development system (1998) to reauthorize and amend programs to assist job seekers w/disabiliites to find work and match employers to job seekers w/disabilities.
- LEAP works to support and celebrate key policy issues: Home and Community Based Services rule, the Able Act, United Nations Conference on Disability, Social Security, Older Americans Act, Medicaid Expansion, and ADA.
- Achieving a Better Life Experience (ABLE) Act authorizes tax-advantage savings account for persons w/disabilities.
- LEAP leads a coalition of 19 organizations to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the ADA and engages over 6,000 participants.
- LEAP receives foundation funding to develop their DiscoverAbility program to asist businesses in diversifying their workplaces.
- LEAP celebrates 35 years of service and wins the "GCPD Advocacy Award" from the Ohio Governor's Council on People with Disabilities.
- LEAP receives 3-year accreditation from CARF for the 7th time.
- LEAP participates in development of National TA whitepaper with NASUAD and Health Management Associates: The Essential Role of CBOs in an Integrated Care Program.
- Centers for Independent Living in Ohio are successful in getting a CIL line item reinstated in the Ohio State Budget allocating GRF funding for the operations of the Centers.
- LEAP’s executive director receives leadership award from Western Reserve Area Agency on Aging.
- LEAP hosts a VISTA volunteer through new partnership with Think Tank.